- For the Crepe Base
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (1/2) stick unsalted butter, melted
- For the Cream Filling
- 1 1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
- For the Chocolate Ganache
- 3.5 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
Hi! This is a new way to create cakes- using crepes! With this Chocolate Crepe Cake, you can say goodbye to your own traditional sponge cake.
Enhancing the texture and the taste experience is the crepe layered chocolate that really does an amazing job as alternative to the ordinary cake filling.
An ingenious idea indeed, crepes or pancakes can be used to form a cake once stacked together. We will also add some hazelnut liquor here to enhance the taste and the scent. You should be able to determine your desired cake height depending on the layers of crepe you will be including before covering this piece with chocolate ganache.
To get complete details and illustrations about this recipe, please visit –>